We will take a break from the usual format this week and instead share information about an exciting upcoming opportunity for our Regional Artists. On Tuesday, April 3rd from 10am-1pm a representative from the Shreveport Regional Arts Council (SRAC) will be at the Lincoln Parish Library to assist Artists with registering on the NW LA Artists Directory. This Directory is a project of the Shreveport Regional Arts Council and is designed to recognize artists from all art disciplines and media in Northwest Louisiana. This is an amazing opportunity for Artists of all disciplines (literary, performing, and visual) to join an interactive listing viewed by presenting organizations looking to book shows, exhibition, performance, or readings.
- Participation in the Directory is free of charge.
- The artist mus have established residence in and mush have lived at least 12 months in one of the 10 parishes in North Louisiana (Region 7). Parishes include: Bienville, Bossier, Caddo, Claiborne, Desoto, Lincoln, Natchitoches, Red River, Sabine, and Webster.
- The artist must comple the Northwest Louisiana Juried Artists' Directory application: Including the submission of an Artist Statement, Resume, and Samples of Work in accordance to submission requirements in the Directory Application.
- All artist must be at least 21 years of age.
- Artist must agree to terms of service to be accepted to the Northwest Louisiana Artists' Directory
- Promotion on the Shreveport Regional Arts Council Directory
- Invitations to all arts events that the Shreveport Regional Arts Council produces.
- Up to date information on grants, funding and opportunities.
- Monthly online newsletter promoting opportunities for artists in the Region.
- The opportunity to be accepted to the Northwest Juried Artists' Roster
Artists interested in participating should come to the Lincoln Parish Library (910 N. Trenton, Ruston, LA) prepared to register online. The SRAC representative will have a laptop on location for artists to use and will assist with loading all required materials. Artist are asked to bring a flash drive with the required information. Below you will find the requirements for each discipline:
- Visual Artists- Artist Statement, Bio, and Resume. 10 digital images of your work.
- Writers- Artist Statement, Bio, and Resume. Up to 30 pages of written material.
- Performers (Musicians, Dancers, Actors, Movement)- Artist Statement, Bio, and Resume. Up to 10 minutes of video. 3 video sample 3 min in length
If you have more questions please feel free to contact Kathryn Usher the Directory Coordinator at email@example.com.