NCLAC began its mission in 1987 “to enrich the region by fostering opportunities for creative expression; to establish a strong presence of the arts wherein the artists, arts organizations and community can thrive; and to share our diverse cultural heritage, celebrating not just who we are, but what we can become.” Since then it has benefited and grown in capacity because of its many supporters. Members have made everything from the daily manning of the office, to providing full-scale events like the Holiday Arts Tour possible! This year to celebrate our members and to make the annual Membership Drive more fun, we are offering early-renewal gifts! Check out the Membership Levels and their early renewal award gifts below. The new Membership year begins in September.
To become a member, download a membership form and pay via Paypal on our site. You may also stop by our office, located inside the Dixie Center for the Arts, 212 North Vienna in downtown Ruston.
2014-15 Membership Levels & Benefits
- Receive our quarterly Membership Newsletter
- Receive a $5 discount on NCLAC Arts Academy Classes
- Receive a $5 discount on Peach Art Exhibit entries
- Receive an invitation to NCLAC’s Annual Meeting & Holiday Party
* First 20 new or renewed Student memberships receive a NCLAC magnet!
Receive all the benefits of the Student Level, plus:
- A $5 discount to ARToberfest, Early Bird or General Admission ticket
* First 15 new or renewed Friend memberships receive a NCLAC magnet & pen!
Receive all the benefits of the Friend Level, plus:
- The $5 discount on NCLAC Arts Academy Classes applies to each family member
- The $5 discount on Peach Art Exhibit entries applies to each family member
- The $5 discount to ARToberfest, Early Bird or General Admission ticket applies to 2 adults (per a family)
- A free NCLAC Summer Arts Camp t-shirt with S.A.C. registration (for up to 2 children per a family)
* First 10 new or renewed Family memberships receive a NCLAC magnet & vintage Peach Poster! These posters were designed by artist Pam Marshall, and will make an excellent addition to your home or office.
Receive all the benefits of the Family Level, plus:
- An Invitation to the Meet & Greet Holiday Arts Tour Artist Party
* First 10 new or renewed Patron memberships receive a NCLAC magnet & limited edition handmade “NCLAC Supporter Pin!” These special pins have been created by Bonnie Ferguson, of Pastry Moon Soaps.
Receive all the benefits of the Patron Level, plus:
- A Special Reserved Seat at NCLAC’s table at the Krewe of Allegro Mardi Gras Ball, with the purchase of a Ball ticket.
* First 5 new or renewed Guardian memberships receive a limited edition handmade “NCLAC Supporter Pin” & Peachy Postcards! Peach Postcards feature 8 images by local artists in a variety of media and styles, each with a peach theme: Mary Boothe Dunn, Jake Dugard, Julie Crews, MC Davis, Rosalynne Fluty, Laura Hunt Miller, Frank Hamrick and Peter Jones.
Receive all the benefits of the Guardian Level, plus:
- 2 Early Bird tickets to ARToberfest
* First 5 new or renewed Benefactor memberships receive a limited edition handmade “NCLAC Supporter Pin” & NCLAC Mug! These NCLAC mugs are being crafted by local potter Emma Case Melville.
Receive all the benefits of the Benefactor Level, plus:
- One automatic entry into the Keep the Arts Afloat drawing
* New & renewed Angel members receive ALL the gifts listed above!
Smaller early renewal gifts will be mailed to their recipients, larger gifts may be mailed, but they may also be picked up from the Dixie Center for the Arts after Sept. 1.
Today's Art Talk Monday is by Laura Hunt Miller, NCLAC Executive Assistant.