The North Central Louisiana Arts Council will be kicking off it's 14th Annual Holiday Arts Tour tomorrow (Friday, November 18th) at 4pm. As the NCLAC staff and super NCLAC/Dixie volunteer Libby English were rearranging the Piney Hills Gallery located in the lobby of the Dixie Center for the Arts I began to realize how much time and effort our business partners put into this event. I wanted to take some time this evening to tell you a little bit about them and let them know how much we appreciate all they do. 1 Piney Hills Gallery (212 N. Vienna) This gallery is a project of the North Central Louisiana Arts Council and feature paintings, jewelry, drawings, music, and books of over 40 local artists.
2. Art Innovations/All Strung Out (112 W. Alabama Ave) a unique gallery and bead shop that features local and regional artists all year long.
3. Martha's Boutique (212 N. Trenton) is a unique boutique located in the heart of downtown Ruston specializing in beautiful suits, hats, formals, accessories, and casual wear.
4. Turbo Goat (310 N. Trenton Suite 1) Local bicycle shop and art gallery that features regional artists all year long.
5. Songbird (203 W. Alabama) One of Ruston's newest boutiques, Songbird features trendy clothing and accessories for the young and young-at-heart.
6. Black Box Coffee Shop (207 N. Trenton) Ruston's newest coffee shop located in the heart of downtown features the works of local artists all year long.
7. 102 A Bistro (102 N. Monroe) Fine wines and cocktails, local meats, fresh fish, sushi and elegant desserts are among the items cooked and served to perfection at this upscale, modern restaurant located at the edge of the historic district.
8. All That Jazz (130 W. Park Ave) Looking for the cutting edge in clothing and accessories? All That Jazz is the place to find it.
9. The Fashion (124 W. Park Ave) The Fashion specializes in exclusive ladies' apparel with contemporary taste and styling.
10. Fine Line Art Supply & Print Lab (120 S. Trenton) Need fine printing along with art, architecture, or drafting supplies? This is the place to find them.
11. Stitchville by Repursables (120 S. Trenton) Unique, contemporary fabrics, unusual, hand made yarns, sewing and needlework supplies and classes of all kinds are among other things you will find owner Allison Bennett has to offer.
12. Sundown Tavern (111 E. Park Ave.) Sundown is a Santa Fe style restaurant, bar & outdoor patio serving a great selection of po-boy sandwiches & salads.
13. Embellishments (104 N. Vienna) Discover a relaxing place for your soul. This quaint store greets you with soothing music, wonderful scents, and an array of gifts and home accents that are a feast for your eyes.
14. The Fabric Shop (100 W. Park Ave.) The local fabric shop and Pfaff sewing machine center not only has fabric but has classes and clubs for the enthusiasts in sewing, quilting, embroidery, and more.
15. Lewis Boutique (110 N. Vienna) A downtown tradition, this upscale boutique offers the latest in fashion and cosmetics.
16. Crescent City Coffeehouse (1007 N Trenton) Meet friends and colleagues or just read a book. Enjoy gourmet coffee, wireless, internet, frozen and iced drinks, pastries, and fresh beignets.
23. Rogers Furniture (111 N. Trenton St) Looking for that perfect piece to enhance your home? Rogers' has the perfect blend of contemporary and classic home furnishings.