Posted: February 17, 2012
RE:BE Design is offering exciting internship opportunities for individuals with interest and background in set design, interior design, architecture, graphic design, temporary installations, and construction.
Interns have the opportunity to work with an award – winning company (RE:BE Design) under the supervision of Executive Design Producer, Stefan Beese, while also earning school credits when applicable. We are seeking organized and creative individuals who wish to refine their skills by assisting with current and upcoming projects. Work will primarily include research, drafting, rendering, and basic office management tasks.
Applicants should have experience in Architecture, Set/Production Design, Interior Design, Temporary Installations, or other related design areas. Proficiency with design software such as Photoshop, Illustrator, CAD, Rhino, Sketch Up, and other related software is needed. Experience in construction or set building is a plus, but not necessary. Applicants should also have access to a car and computer with design software.
***Send resumes, portfolios, and schedule/availability directly to: email@example.com
Production Design Assistant
Mission: The Bossier Arts Council is a non-profit 501(c) 3 arts organization, founded in 1980, and serving as the official arts agency for the City of Bossier City, committed to promoting, supporting and providing cultural events and programming in order to enhance the quality of life and develop a cultural identity for Bossier Parish.
Position Available: The Bossier Arts Council seeks a dynamic and experienced leader to serve as Executive Director to advance the mission, oversee the operations, implement Board policies, and forward the agenda of the organization. The Bossier Arts Council provides innovative programs and services to artists, arts organizations, educators, youth and the general public.
Experience/Qualifications: College graduate from accredited university/institution with at least 3-5 years management experience, preferably in a nonprofit organization, with significant experience in the Arts or a related area; prior experience as a President, Executive Director, or Management Position is preferred.
The ideal candidate will possess:
· BS or BA degree in a relevant field is a plus.
· Knowledge of the Northwest Louisiana area Arts community
· Proven record as a successful fundraiser
· Outstanding written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
· Strong planning, organizational and analytical skills
· Ability to positively manage, motivate and develop staff, board and volunteers
· Demonstrated visionary and innovative thinking skills
· Examples of ability to work collaboratively with all sectors of the community
A stated and demonstrated philosophy of the desired relationship between the Board of Directors, Executive Director, and staff
Responsibilities: The Executive Director serves as the chief operating officer of the Bossier Arts Council, working closely with and reporting to, the President of the Board and the Board of Directors. The Executive Director directs and administers all programs, operations and policies in addition to supervising the professional staff.
Primary areas of responsibility include:
- Strategic Planning – helps develop and implement a strategic plan and annual action plans in conjunction with the Board of Directors.
- Program Development and Management – develops, implements and supervises programs and servicesthat are consistent with the organization’s mission and that meet the needs of constituents.
- Fund Development/Grant Oversight and Fiscal Management – together with the Board, develops and manages the fundraising and financial strategies of the organization; develops an annual budget for approval by the Board; oversees the management of all funds, consistent with the organization’s accounting system
- Staff Leadership and Management – motivates and develops the professional management team; hires, supervises and evaluates staff; coordinates work with the Board’s committees, volunteers and partner organizations.
- Community Relations – develops effective working relationships within the community (both within the arts community and elsewhere) to ensure that the arts are represented in the community-at-large and for the constituency that the Bossier Arts Council serves
- Advocacy – serves as the chief spokesperson for the Arts Council in the community; articulates and communicates the value of the arts in improving our quality of life, and promotes community support of the arts and the Arts Council
- Conducts all business at the highest standard of integrity ensuring that all activities are legal and ethical.
Compensation: This is a full time, salary exempt position. The salary is $30,000 to $40,000 commensurate with experience. Other benefits include two-week annual vacation and sick leave.
Starting Date: Immediate
Procedure for Applying: Qualified candidates should e-mail a current resume, together with a cover letter indicating interest in the position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for applications is April 30, 2012.
The Bossier Arts Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR
The Community Development Coordinator (CDC) provides technical assistance to community arts organizations, representatives of culturally diverse communities and rural communities in the region served. The CDC assists both established and new agencies to provide better access to Louisiana's arts resources. This is a full-time position, which reports directly to the Executive Director. The CDC shall work out of the Bossier Arts Council office and be accessible to the public on a daily basis.
The CDC is responsible for the following:
- Identify and provide technical assistance to culturally diverse nonprofits, arts organizations, local governments, artists, schools, and school systems in Louisiana.
- Coordinate the regional arts grants program for the RDA and LRA.
- Travel to all parishes within the region to provide technical assistance.
- Conduct grants workshops in the region providing information about programs available, types of eligible projects, and assistance in completing the applications.
- Assist both established and new agencies with planning and programming.
- Plan and coordinate regular communication among constituents who apply to the DAF program in your region.
- Organize and conduct panel meetings to review applications.
- Serve as a liaison to the Community Development Director at the Louisiana Division of the Arts.
- Observe grantees with regular site visits.
- Participate in LDOA conference calls and meetings of the CDC/CDD from each region.
- Provide required electronic and hard-copy reports on the DAF program as contracted by the LDOA. (LDOA will provide a reporting schedule annually for the program)
- Maintain organized records of grant applications, contracts and final reports from applicants.
- Bachelor's degree in one of the arts disciplines, arts administration, or a related field. Equivalent experience may be substituted.
- Demonstrated skills in meeting planning and a basic knowledge of state, federal, and local arts programming.
- The ability to communicate verbally and in writing and to provide grants writing and technical assistance to constituents.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, Access and basic knowledge of internet browsers, online applications and email. Knowledge of basic accounting practices, and non-profit management and structure are helpful in this position.
- Creative individual who is able to work within the confines of set policy.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and the reason you would like to become apart of our team to email@example.com.
SRAC is looking to hire a TECHNICAL DIRECTOR to coordinate and oversee all aspects and logistics of a production including creation, construction, breakdown, and storage of Shreveport Regional Arts Council productions. Responsibilities include production planning, construction, coordination and supervision for artspace Exhibits and SRAC Special Events such as ArtBreak and Christmas in the Sky. For complete listing of position click here!