In honor of college students graduating in the next few months we will take a break and instead post a few career opportunities in the state of Louisiana. Remember students the early bird gets the worm!!
Dance Artist Teacher -Full Time Position, K-5 Lusher Charter School,
Requirements: BFA Dance, MFA or MA in Dance Education Minimum 3 years teaching experience in K-5 dance program Performance and choreographic background experience with children’s dance companies. Knowledge and background in Arts Integration across the curriculum. Professional experience performing, choreographing and collaborating with musicians and other artists.
For more information, please email Kathy firstname.lastname@example.org
3 Ring Circus Arts & Education Center is a multi-use Arts, Music, Education and Special Event venue. The organization presents Visual Arts, Film, and Music from emerging artists at the Big Top, a family friendly venue in the Central City neighborhood of New Orleans. Also, the organization is a leader in presenting Arts Education programs for Children and Youth.
Crescent City Schools seeks Creative Art Teacher. The Creative Arts Teacher is responsible for:
â€¢ Promote the mission and values of the school through the teaching of dance, music, theater, or art â€¢ Long-term unit planning and daily lesson planning â€¢ Teaching guided reading and/or independent reading â€¢ Collaborating with grade level and subject level teams and student support staff â€¢ Participating in daily, weekly, and quarterly meetings about student achievement â€¢ Integrating weekly feedback and goal-setting into lesson delivery â€¢ Maintaining a classroom culture conducive to raising student achievement â€¢ Participating in the life of the school, including student activities and events
â€¢ Believe in the mission and values of Crescent City Schools â€¢ Demonstrate past success working with students in urban settings â€¢ Have a BA or BS degree â€¢ Possess LA Teacher Certification or be willing to obtain one
To apply, please visit www.crescentcityschools.org
Crescent City Schools is also looking for:
Education Intern - Assistant Summer Camp Director
EDUCATION / TRAINING PROJECT / PROGRAM MANAGEMENT INTERNSHIP
Posted: April 13, 2012
Position Title: Education Intern – Assistant Camp Director (must be 18)
Hours: *Full–time, 9am – 5:30pm Mon. – Fri. *(July 4th off, no camp, museum closed)
Responsibilities: *Assist lead Camp Director with daily running of summer camp (5-8yr. olds) *Lead the After-Care program beginning each day at 3:00pm *Effectively and professionally communicate with parents and families *Handle and account for Before/After Care payments *Motivate children to learn through interactive activities
- Assist with program planning and execution
- Know pertinent facts about operation of LCM
*Other duties as assigned
Qualifications: *Highly dependable and punctual
- High level of energy and enthusiasm
- Ability to take initiative
*Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Ability to present information to large groups
*Availability to work the hours listed *Produce quality work in a close team environment
- Working towards a degree in Education, Early Childhood, Communications, Fine Arts or related field
Salary/Wage: Unpaid internship/Credit hours may apply
Applicants must submit current resume and cover letter outlining qualifications and interest in the position. These materials should be emailed to:
email@example.com Attn. Camp Director, Sarah Clark Louisiana Children’s Museum 420 Julia Street, New Orleans, LA 70130.
Assistant Professor - Theatre Technical Director
EDUCATION / TRAINING FULL-TIME
Posted: April 10, 2012
UNO Invites applications for the following position in the Department of Film, Theatre, and Communication Arts
Assistant Professor Technical Director
Please visit: http://hrm.uno.edu/employment
For a complete position announcement, qualifications, and application instructions. Position # 983
UNO is an AA/EOE
Assistant Professor In Film Production
EDUCATION / TRAINING FILM / TV / VIDEO FULL-TIME
UNO Lakefront New Orleans
Posted: April 09, 2012
Invites applications for the following position in the Department of Film, Theatre, and Communication Arts
Assistant Professor Film Production
Please visit: http://hrm.uno.edu/employment
For a complete position announcement, qualifications, and application instructions. Position # 1185
UNO is an AA/EOE
Director Of Marketing & Promotions
MARKETING / PRODUCT FULL-TIME
Posted: April 02, 2012
Director of Marketing & Promotions
John Robert Powers Performing Arts Academy is currently hiring a new Director of Marketing & Promotions. Our school offers professional training in Acting, Modeling and Singing and requires a qualified employee to connect our services with the thriving talent here in New Orleans. Please carefully review the requirements and qualifications before applying, and follow the applications instructions precisely. This is a full-time salaried position which also includes an opportunity to bonus.
Requirements: – B.A. in Marketing, Communications, PR, or related field – 2-5 years of Marketing Experience – Familiar with promotional events/ event planning – Strong communication skills – Outgoing and enthusiastic – Proficient in online marketing strategies (including Google, Facebook, Twitter, Constant Contact, & Blogging) – Computer literacy, including Microsoft Word, Publisher & Excel. – Must be available Monday through Thursday from 11:00 a.m. until 8:00 p.m., and Saturday from 10:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. for the first month+ of employment. (Hours after the first month may be negotiable.) – Must be able to work at least 2 weekends per month. – This job requires travel in/around the Metairie area, as well as the ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
Preferred Qualifications – Experience with Hootsuite – Familiarity with Google Ad Words and CPC campaigns – Interest/Involvement with the Entertainment Industry
Please email a formal cover letter and recent resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Director of Marketing & Promotions" in the subject line. It is also encouraged to view our facebook, twitter and website before applying. www.jrpneworleans.com . No phone calls, please. Applications without a cover letter will NOT be considered.
Sales Manager- Performing Arts Academy
Posted: March 28, 2012
The John Robert Powers Performing Arts Academy in Metairie is looking to add a new sales manager to our team. Please carefully review the requirements below, as well as the application instructions. Only serious applicants need apply. This is a well compensated position with excellent growth potential for the right person.
Requirements: – Sales experience with non-tangible sales (gym memberships, weight loss, etc.) – Strong communication skills, particularly on the phone. – Fashion forward with interest/involvement with the entertainment industry. – Must be able to work Monday through Thursday 11:00 to 8:00 p.m., and Saturday from 10:00 to 4:00 p.m. – The candidate must be punctual, responsible, and professional. – The ideal applicant with will be self-motivated, able to work in a team setting, and comfortable in a leadership role.
Please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com, and write "Talent Executive Applicant" in the subject line. Please indicate in your cover letter your relevant experience, any characteristics that make you right for this position, as well as your desired salary. Resumes without a cover letter will not be considered.
INTERNSHIP WITH ARTIST MANAGEMENT COMPANY
Uptown / Riverbend
Posted: March 08, 2012
Full-service Artist Management Company dedicated to providing professional representation to musical artists in the New Orleans & Gulf Coast region
INTERNSHIP JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Web research along with handling online presence for artists (artist websites, event calendar listings, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.), as well as helping to establish better practices and advanced social networking methods
- Scheduling meetings with artists and industry professionals
- Handling deliveries, clerical errands and postal mailings
- Managing artist merchandise — research, placing orders, and coordination at local shows by those artists (must be able to be available to attend artist events, most of which are at nighttime)
- Artist marketing and promotions
- Digital music sales
- Songwriter/licensing submissions and tracking
- Development of artist “street teams” locally, regionally, and nationally
- Assisting artist management with various other relevant tasks for artists “on the fly”, as requested by artist management.
- Some experience in music or entertainment industry preferred but not mandatory. Experience in marketing, promotions, graphic design, or PR is a plus.
- If current student, preferred if working towards bachelor’s or master’s degree in entertainment business
- Intern must be dependable, have great people skills and phone manners, an outgoing personality and be able to function well in both a corporate business setting and in social settings/high profile celebrity events, etc.
- Must have a can-do attitude, be a self-starter and able to start ASAP.
- Must have strong writing and communication skills, be detail-oriented and organized
- Must have own transportation to/from events (either own a car or have access to one on regular basis)
- MUST have laptop computer with wireless access and be tech savvy — Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, iTunes, mass emails, etc.
OTHER INTERNSHIP DETAILS:
- Unpaid, but will receive a variety of benefits such as complimentary tickets to shows and other music industry bonuses
- Students may be able to receive college credit for the internship work, depending on the school's program rules.
Please submit a resume & cover letter. Please submit all application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted: February 17, 2012
RE:BE Design is offering exciting internship opportunities for individuals with interest and background in set design, interior design, architecture, graphic design, temporary installations, and construction.
Interns have the opportunity to work with an award – winning company (RE:BE Design) under the supervision of Executive Design Producer, Stefan Beese, while also earning school credits when applicable. We are seeking organized and creative individuals who wish to refine their skills by assisting with current and upcoming projects. Work will primarily include research, drafting, rendering, and basic office management tasks.
Applicants should have experience in Architecture, Set/Production Design, Interior Design, Temporary Installations, or other related design areas. Proficiency with design software such as Photoshop, Illustrator, CAD, Rhino, Sketch Up, and other related software is needed. Experience in construction or set building is a plus, but not necessary. Applicants should also have access to a car and computer with design software.
***Send resumes, portfolios, and schedule/availability directly to: email@example.com
Jensen Killen Production Design Assistant firstname.lastname@example.org www.rebe-design.com
Mission: The Bossier Arts Council is a non-profit 501(c) 3 arts organization, founded in 1980, and serving as the official arts agency for the City of Bossier City, committed to promoting, supporting and providing cultural events and programming in order to enhance the quality of life and develop a cultural identity for Bossier Parish.
Position Available: The Bossier Arts Council seeks a dynamic and experienced leader to serve as Executive Director to advance the mission, oversee the operations, implement Board policies, and forward the agenda of the organization. The Bossier Arts Council provides innovative programs and services to artists, arts organizations, educators, youth and the general public.
Experience/Qualifications: College graduate from accredited university/institution with at least 3-5 years management experience, preferably in a nonprofit organization, with significant experience in the Arts or a related area; prior experience as a President, Executive Director, or Management Position is preferred.
The ideal candidate will possess:
· BS or BA degree in a relevant field is a plus.
· Knowledge of the Northwest Louisiana area Arts community
· Proven record as a successful fundraiser
· Outstanding written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
· Strong planning, organizational and analytical skills
· Ability to positively manage, motivate and develop staff, board and volunteers
· Demonstrated visionary and innovative thinking skills
· Examples of ability to work collaboratively with all sectors of the community
A stated and demonstrated philosophy of the desired relationship between the Board of Directors, Executive Director, and staff
Responsibilities: The Executive Director serves as the chief operating officer of the Bossier Arts Council, working closely with and reporting to, the President of the Board and the Board of Directors. The Executive Director directs and administers all programs, operations and policies in addition to supervising the professional staff.
Primary areas of responsibility include:
- Strategic Planning – helps develop and implement a strategic plan and annual action plans in conjunction with the Board of Directors.
- Program Development and Management – develops, implements and supervises programs and servicesthat are consistent with the organization’s mission and that meet the needs of constituents.
- Fund Development/Grant Oversight and Fiscal Management – together with the Board, develops and manages the fundraising and financial strategies of the organization; develops an annual budget for approval by the Board; oversees the management of all funds, consistent with the organization’s accounting system
- Staff Leadership and Management – motivates and develops the professional management team; hires, supervises and evaluates staff; coordinates work with the Board’s committees, volunteers and partner organizations.
- Community Relations – develops effective working relationships within the community (both within the arts community and elsewhere) to ensure that the arts are represented in the community-at-large and for the constituency that the Bossier Arts Council serves
- Advocacy – serves as the chief spokesperson for the Arts Council in the community; articulates and communicates the value of the arts in improving our quality of life, and promotes community support of the arts and the Arts Council
- Conducts all business at the highest standard of integrity ensuring that all activities are legal and ethical.
Compensation: This is a full time, salary exempt position. The salary is $30,000 to $40,000 commensurate with experience. Other benefits include two-week annual vacation and sick leave.
Starting Date: Immediate
Procedure for Applying: Qualified candidates should e-mail a current resume, together with a cover letter indicating interest in the position to email@example.com. Deadline for applications is April 30, 2012.
The Bossier Arts Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR
The Community Development Coordinator (CDC) provides technical assistance to community arts organizations, representatives of culturally diverse communities and rural communities in the region served. The CDC assists both established and new agencies to provide better access to Louisiana's arts resources. This is a full-time position, which reports directly to the Executive Director. The CDC shall work out of the Bossier Arts Council office and be accessible to the public on a daily basis.
The CDC is responsible for the following:
- Identify and provide technical assistance to culturally diverse nonprofits, arts organizations, local governments, artists, schools, and school systems in Louisiana.
- Coordinate the regional arts grants program for the RDA and LRA.
- Travel to all parishes within the region to provide technical assistance.
- Conduct grants workshops in the region providing information about programs available, types of eligible projects, and assistance in completing the applications.
- Assist both established and new agencies with planning and programming.
- Plan and coordinate regular communication among constituents who apply to the DAF program in your region.
- Organize and conduct panel meetings to review applications.
- Serve as a liaison to the Community Development Director at the Louisiana Division of the Arts.
- Observe grantees with regular site visits.
- Participate in LDOA conference calls and meetings of the CDC/CDD from each region.
- Provide required electronic and hard-copy reports on the DAF program as contracted by the LDOA. (LDOA will provide a reporting schedule annually for the program)
- Maintain organized records of grant applications, contracts and final reports from applicants.
- Bachelor's degree in one of the arts disciplines, arts administration, or a related field. Equivalent experience may be substituted.
- Demonstrated skills in meeting planning and a basic knowledge of state, federal, and local arts programming.
- The ability to communicate verbally and in writing and to provide grants writing and technical assistance to constituents.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, Access and basic knowledge of internet browsers, online applications and email. Knowledge of basic accounting practices, and non-profit management and structure are helpful in this position.
- Creative individual who is able to work within the confines of set policy.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and the reason you would like to become apart of our team to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SRAC is looking to hire a TECHNICAL DIRECTOR to coordinate and oversee all aspects and logistics of a production including creation, construction, breakdown, and storage of Shreveport Regional Arts Council productions. Responsibilities include production planning, construction, coordination and supervision for artspace Exhibits and SRAC Special Events such as ArtBreak and Christmas in the Sky. For complete listing of position click here!